Anyway, I started asking the director of the HKPPA where she got her supplies, etc. She was kind enough to lend me her Lakeshore Learning catalog and while browsing through, I came upon these really cool paints that were "mess-free"! What more could a mommy ask?
The Lakeshore Brush-On Painters came in a set of six colors: Purple, Orange, Red, Green, Yellow, and Blue. They're non-toxic, washable, and refillable. They come in soft plastic bottles with a paintbrush on top, so basically all you have to do is squeeze the bottle a bit while you're drawing and voila!
It takes a bit of practice to squeeze and paint at the same time, but what you can also do is you help your child squeeze enough paint on the brush and then hand it back for him to paint with.
What I like:
- Each bottle comes with its own brush. This way, you don't have to keep rinsing the brushes in between changing colors.
- You don't have to pour out different colors of paint and then have to throw/wash away the leftover portions once the activity is over.
- Very easy to clean. You just rinse the whole bottle and the brush and remember to put the cap back on (to prevent paint from drying).
- The Lakeshore name. It is known for the quality of its products.
The only drawback is that you have to order through the local distributor(Tel. # 2352-5330) and it can take anywhere around 45-60 days before your order arrives (from time of receiving your order deposit). They are very helpful, though.
To place an order --
- Go to the Lakeshore Learning website and look for the item that you want.
- Note down the Item Number (usually 2 letters followed by 3 numbers).
- Call or email (email@example.com) the local distributor and let them know which items you want; you will have to give them the item number.
- They will call you back with a quote and also let you know when you might expect your order.
- Payment is : 30% deposit, 70% by cash before delivery.
Update: I just went on the Lakeshore Learning website to try to find the Brush-On Painters, but couldn't find them. They might have discontinued this item. :( You can still check eBay, maybe...?